Psychological Evaluations for Sentencing Mitigation
Many federal criminal defense attorneys believe that having a favourable psychological evaluation can be helpful when it comes time for federal sentencing.
Basically, the idea behind this evaluation is that a qualified psychologist or psychiatrist can write a report showing the defendant was under the influence, mentally disturbed, or a similar situation during the time of the offense – but has grown, sought help, and is now a different person than he or she was when the offense was committed.
Zoukis Prisoner Resources can help defense counsel locate local, qualified psychologists or psychiatrists who have experience in conducting such evaluations and writing such reports for the defense.
Contact us for more information on psychological evaluations and other pre-prison services.
- Preparing for Prison: Emotional Preparation
- Financial Planning
- Fitness and Self-Defense Training
- Residential Drug Abuse Program: Qualification Review and Counseling
- Sex Offender Prison Preparation
- Plea Agreement Review
- Downward Departure Investigation
- PSR Review and Objections
- Psychological Evaluations for Sentencing Mitigation
- Judicial Recommendations
- Sentencing Factor Analysis
- US Probation Interview Preparation
- Support Letter Coordination
Prison Placement and Special Concerns