Sentencing Factor Analysis
There are many factors that go into a federal criminal sentence.
Zoukis Prisoner Resources will review your personal and criminal history, along with the criminal statute you are charged with violating and the applicable U.S. Sentencing Guidelines provisions to determine the most likely sentencing range.
Once that is complete we will prepare a memorandum of law which presents the various mitigating factors that the sentencing judge needs to be made aware of when determining an appropriate sentence (e.g., family support, minor part in the offense, any substance abuse or psychological issues that contributed to the offense, being the primary caretaker or breadwinner for the family, etc.).
The goal is to paint a picture for the judge which makes him or her want to depart from (that is, go below) the recommended sentencing guidelines.
- Preparing for Prison: Emotional Preparation
- Financial Planning
- Fitness and Self-Defense Training
- Residential Drug Abuse Program: Qualification Review and Counseling
- Sex Offender Prison Preparation
- Plea Agreement Review
- Downward Departure Investigation
- PSR Review and Objections
- Psychological Evaluations for Sentencing Mitigation
- Judicial Recommendations
- Sentencing Factor Analysis
- US Probation Interview Preparation
- Support Letter Coordination
Prison Placement and Special Concerns