Furlough or Temporary Release Requests
Furlough is a program for federal inmates that allows the temporary release from prison and can be granted for a variety of reasons, including medical leave, transfer between facilities, or to attend funerals, to name a few. The Federal Inmate Furlough Program releases the inmate from the place of his imprisonment for a limited period if he meets certain requirements. Prisoners may be temporarily released from custody under carefully prescribed conditions. This temporary release may be applied for and granted by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP). Furloughs can vary in length from a few hours to a week, depending on a number of different factors specific to the inmate and their situation. These periods of temporary release are usually unescorted, allowing the inmate freedom from the supervision of staff members or law-enforcement personnel.
While furlough can be used for medical or transfer reasons, the most common reason is social furloughs. These temporary releases give inmates a chance to spend time with family and loved ones, easily the happiest time in a prisoner’s sentence. Furlough can be used to strengthen family ties, allow an inmate to receive medical treatment or to participate in educational, religious, or even work-related activities.
If you are at a federal prison camp, low security prison, or a halfway house, Zoukis Prisoner Resources (ZPR) can help you understand the procedure and appropriate reasons for requesting a furlough. If so desired, we can also conduct applicable research and handle the drafting of such furlough requests. We will research and propose legitimate reasons for furloughs, thus expanding the possibilities for furloughs.
- Learn how we can help you get more freedom sooner through halfway house maximization.
- Find more information about compassionate release.
- Learn details about release for the elderly.
Contact us for more information on furloughs or other areas of prisoner support.
- Family Member Care and Assistance
- Management Variables Requests
- Online Reputation Management for Inmates
- Parole Preparation for Old Law Inmates
- Personal Needs Assistance
- Prison Educational Consultation
- Prison Transfers
- TRULINCS Email Restrictions and Appeals
- Visitation Regulations and Denial Appeals